GIBS Business Boost Programme - Call for Applications
Business Boost Programme
The Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) invites you to participate in the Business Boost Programme; an 8 month long programme that will enhance the competitiveness of your business and accelerate business growth. The programme is free and transport will be provided to the venue where the programme will be conducted.
The Business Boost Programme offers you the opportunity to create a big shift in the success of your business since it is presented by business school endorsed experts. These experts will cover all the required elements of making use of green economy opportunities or introducing greening into your own business. In addition, group and individual mentorship offers the space for you to apply your learning to the practical realities of your own context.
The programme will be presented in eight modules of two days each, over eight months, starting at the end of May. It will be conveniently hosted at a local venue and if you have to travel from another town, your travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
The benefits of the Business Boost Programme include:
- Refinement of your business model at hand of Green Economy principles and introduction of new practices “future-proofing” your business.
- Self-reflection on your role as leader in your own business and creation of a team to implement your business model.
- Coverage of new ideas and tools in creating entrepreneurial business success for startups and owner-managed businesses.
- Exposure to leading experts in the key areas needed for creating a successful business in the Green Economy and/or greening of business processes.
- Time to apply learning between modules, over an eight month period, along with a group of other entrepreneurs participating in the programme.
- Applied learning to your own business contexts through group and individual mentorship, as well as in exchanging experiences with other participants.
- Receiving a certificate confirming competencies in applying Green Economy principles and greening of business practices.
- Free participation in a Business School programme through the JP Morgan sponsorship, which is presented at a conveniently accessible local venue.
To qualify, you need to meet most of the following criteria:
- Make use (or plan to make use) of a Green Economy opportunity and/or be involved in (or plan) greening of your business processes and/or be a manufacturer.
- Be a South African citizen or permanent South African resident.
- Own 35% or more of the business and work full-time in the business.
- Employ at least one additional person other than yourself.
- Have an annual turnover of between R200 thousand to R20 million.
- Have run the business for longer than a year.
Kindly fill out this short form to initiate your application for the full-fee bursary.
Deadline for application is 17 May 2018.