GreenCape is recruiting a Chief Operating Officer
Aug 7, 2020
GreenCape is hiring! We are looking to recruit a Chief Operating Officer.
GreenCape’s five-year strategy aims to be globally relevant in driving the uptake of green economy infrastructure solutions in the developing world context. As such, GreenCape is expecting to double in size in the next five years and will be growing its staff complement, and potentially set up offices in other areas of the country.
The Chief Operating Officer or COO is a key member of the Senior Management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The COO will oversee the organisation’s ongoing operations and procedures.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- At the direction of the CEO, marshalling limited resources to the most productive uses with the aim of creating maximum value for the organisation's stakeholders.
- Developing and cascading the organisation's operational strategy and ability – in particular people and processes.
- Driving performance measures for the operation (indicators, dashboard etc) hence measuring the effectiveness of the strategy and processes.
- Oversight of staff knowledge-skills-attributes (KSA) and expectations in order to input into appropriateness of team for current activities and future/ growth activities.
- Ensuring organisational efficiencies, such as; recruitment, allocation of capacity and staff utilisation rates.
- Establish policies and procedures that promote company vision and culture.
- Oversee daily operations (e.g. reporting to funders, new contracts and troubleshooting as needed).
- Playing an active role in system design for expansion activities.
- Maintain relationships with partners, funders and vendors.
- Line management of Programme Managers and Human Resources.
Contract length and remuneration
This is a full-time contract position, subject to GreenCape’s standard contracting conditions. Contract renewal will depend on performance and the HR requirements of the organisation at the time. There will be a three-month probation period for this position.
The job grade for this role is E2 and remuneration will be market-related in relation to this grade, with the recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Offers made will take qualifications, experience and level of responsibility into account.
Access to the full job description and application details
To access the full job description and application details, click here.
Please note that the application deadline is 9h00, Monday, 31 August 2020.
Interviews will be held from the 14th September onwards. The successful candidate will start as soon as possible, taking into account the candidate’s notice period.
Note that GreenCape reserves the right to not appoint to positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan.