GreenCape is recruiting a self-motivated, creative, confident and experienced communications manager. The role is to provide strategic communications leadership and advice, by developing and maintaining the GreenCape brand, by overseeing fundraising communications, and by using strategic communications to ensure GreenCape delivers impactful work and achieves its goals.
- Master’s degree, ideally in media, communications, sustainability, or field relevant to the green economy.
- Demonstrable experience (preferably at least 5 years of senior-level experience) in strategic communications management for an organisation, ideally for a non-profit or for an organisation operating within the green economy or sustainability-related field.
- Proven experience in organisational strategy development, with a sound understanding of how to design communication strategies for a variety of audiences, including industry, government, and funders.
- Proven experience working with and communicating with stakeholders and funders, and a sensitivity to their needs and requirements, in particular communication of impact and impact stories.
- Proven experience in the strategic conceptualisation, development and management of impactful and world-class publications and communications products.
Proven experience in media and public relations, ideally with existing networks and relationships with media in South Africa and beyond.
Firm grasp of social media platforms, tools and policies; with web development, graphic design and CRM knowledge/experience an added advantage.
Excellent English writing skills, with strong and demonstrable proofreading and editing skills.
A commitment to the green economy, and world-class communications and messaging.
A commitment to diversity, inclusion, and transformation.
Flexibility and willingness to master new areas of work and take on additional responsibilities in GreenCape as organisational needs change.
- A commitment to learning and ongoing development.
Please note that applications close at 9:00am on Monday, 18th March 2019.
To see the full job advert and to locate other details, click here.