GreenCape is recruiting a Grants and Compliance Officer
Dec 15, 2020
GreenCape is hiring!
We are looking for a Grants and Compliance Officer.
The Grants and Compliance Officer is responsible for supporting the grant life cycle of current and future funders. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring internal compliance with policies, processes and managing the company secretarial compliance.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Actively support and coordinate the post contracting grant life cycle, including grant agreements, preparing payments, tracking milestones, and monitoring grantee reporting.
- Conduct critical analysis of proposals, budgets, work-plans, monitoring and evaluation frameworks, organizational strengths and weaknesses, external risk factors, and regulatory requirements. The Grant Officer will escalate any issues identified to the Project Manager, COO and CFO.
- Ensure all grant agreement compliance requirements are adhered to, including but not limited to procurement, media, and privacy of information.
- Coordinate and maintain a grant management system, ensuring up-to-date, accurate, complete, and valid data is maintained for all grants.
- Provide input and data in preparation of grant, financial, program, and other reports as requested by the Project Managers, COO or CFO.
- Maintain professional relationships with internal and external parties.
- Ensure and review internal process compliance with company policies, including but not limited to procurement, asset management, travel and risk management.
- Coordinate, maintain and update company secretarial information.
- Maintain minutes of the relevant board, audit committee and remuneration committees.
- Maintain professional relationships with the board of directors as their key point of contact with the company.
Contract length and remuneration
This is a full-time contract position, until 31 March 2022. This contract will be renewed to a longer duration subject to GreenCape’s standard contracting conditions. Contract renewal will depend on performance and the HR requirements of the organisation at the time. There will be a three-month probation period for this position.
Remuneration will be market-related, with the recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Offers made will take qualifications, experience and level of responsibility into account.
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to the Chief Financial Officer at email@example.com.
Interviews for this role will be held in January 2021.
Applications must include:
- A well written letter of motivation indicating what motivates the candidate to apply for the role:
- What the candidate feels he/she brings to the role that would make him/her a preferred candidate;
- An indication of current salary and salary expectations;
- An indication of when the candidate would be available to commence work;
- Please also note how the candidate became aware of the job opportunity.
- A detailed CV;
- Copies of academic transcripts;
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit);
- All applicants must complete the GreenCape online application form. You can complete the application form by accessing this link.
Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Should you not hear back from the company by 28 February 2021, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Note that GreenCape reserves the right to not appoint to positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan.
For more information on this job opportunity, download the full job description and advertisement here.