GreenCape is recruiting a Green Economy Investment and Finance Liaison
Nov 23, 2020
GreenCape is hiring!
We are looking to recruit a Green Economy Investment and Finance Liaison.
The Green Economy Investment and Finance Liaison will be responsible for meeting green economy investment targets. This will be a joint target for Wesgro and GreenCape (target for City of Cape Town).
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Input into green economy investment promotion strategy (GreenCape and Wesgro).
- Trade and investment promotion for inbound and outbound Green Economy investment in the Western Cape (including trade delegations).
- Manufacturing investment promotion.
- Project delivery on a SMME response to COVID.
- Maintenance of relationships, especially foreign government trade and investment officials.
- Information management of green economy for both organisations (GreenCape and Wesgro).
- Liaison with and communication to the International Cleantech Cluster Network (ICN).
- Local supplier development: Building sales pipelines for businesses; seeking business support.
- Liaison with investors and other GreenTech clusters (e.g. the International Cleantech network).
- Responsible for reaching Wesgro and GreenCape combined investment targets.
- Acts as the channel through which investment value from all GreenCape work is realised.
- Delivery on post Covid projects.
Contract length and remuneration
This is a full-time contract position, until 31 March 2022. This contract will be renewed to a longer duration subject to GreenCape’s standard contracting conditions. Contract renewal will depend on performance and the HR requirements of the organisation at the time. There will be a three-month probation period for this position.
Remuneration will be market-related, with the recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Offers made will take qualifications, experience and level of responsibility into account. This successful candidate will be required to start as soon as possible or taking their notice period into account.
- A well written letter of motivation indicating what motivates the candidate to apply for the role:
- What the candidate feels he/she brings to the role that would make him/her a preferred candidate;
- An indication of current salary and salary expectations;
- An indication of when the candidate would be available to commence work;
- Please also note how the candidate became aware of the job opportunity.
- A detailed CV;
- Copies of academic transcripts;
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit);
- All applicants must complete the GreenCape online application form. You can complete the application form by accessing this link.
Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Candidates who have not heard from GreenCape by 31 January 2021 should consider their application unsuccessful.
Note that GreenCape reserves the right to not appoint to positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan.
For more information on this job opportunity, download the full job description and advertisement here.