GreenCape is recruiting a Junior Agriculture Analyst
Nov 11, 2019
GreenCape is recruiting a junior agriculture analyst.
The Junior Agriculture Analyst will:
- Be responsible for research and analysis on sustainable agricultural research projects. GreenCape is conducting a market analysis on Water-Smart Agriculture in South Africa, as well the potential for the scale up of commercial urban agricultural activities in the City of Cape Town. The Analyst will be responsible for contributing to these projects, and other sector development activities, as required.
- Specifically, the Junior Agriculture Analyst will be responsible for:
- Interacting and interviewing industry experts
- Gathering and collating data from companies operating in the space, analysing their barriers to operation/expansion and identifying opportunities for growth
- Quantifying the market potential for different types of technologies and services to advance sustainable agriculture practices
- Hosting and coordinating multi-stakeholder workshops
- Producing written report outputs on research findings as well as progress reports on interim findings and work conducted thus far.
- Updating content on the Green Agri website, as required
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Post-graduate degree (or graduate degree and relevant work experience) in agriculture, economics, finance, resource management or environmental sciences
- Interest, knowledge and/or exposure to the farming community and agriculture sector
- Interest in expanding their knowledge related to greentech and agriculture
- The ability to confidently initiate and foster productive, professional relationships with a large variety of stakeholders, including government officials, business and investors
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), with confidence in both formal and informal public speaking engagements
- Possess problem solving skills and an ability to identify and understand the agriculture sector opportunities
- A valid driver’s licence
Contract length and remuneration
This is a 15-month contract position and is full-time, subject to GreenCape’s standard contracting conditions. There is a possibility of contract renewal, depending on availability of funding. There will be a three-month probation period for this position.
Remuneration will be market-related, with the recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Offers made will take qualifications, experience and level of responsibility into account.
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to the Water Programme Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 17h00 on 15 November 2019. Interviews will be held in the week of 18 November 2019. The successful candidate will start on the 2nd January 2020 or as soon possible thereafter.
For more info and to find out how to apply, click here.