GreenCape is recruiting a new Energy Analyst
Oct 25, 2019
GreenCape is hiring!
GreenCape would like to appoint an electrical engineer to its energy team. The engineer will be exposed to a wide range of projects in the energy field including ones focussed on renewable energy, energy efficiency, smart meters, smart grids and electricity tariff design. The primary responsibility of the role will be to provide technical skills to the energy team. This will draw on knowledge and skills in electrical engineering, mathematical modelling, project management and report writing.
The responsibilities of the energy analyst will be to:
- Work as part of the energy team, reporting to the programme manager
- Providing technical expertise to the team.
- Project manage both internal and external projects
- Provide advice to government on energy strategy and policies
- Carry out energy modelling and optimisation
- Present work and findings to government, industry or the public
- Interact with high level government and industry leaders in South Africa and abroad
- Understand and remain up to date on the wider context of the South African Energy landscape
Applications must include:
- A letter of motivation indicating:
- The role the applicant is applying for
- What motivated the applicant to apply for the role and what the candidate will bring to the company
- An indication of salary expectations (ranges are acceptable)
- When the candidate will be available to commence work
- Dates and times available for interviews (note the interviews dates set)
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- Academic transcripts
- South African citizenship status/ work permit status
- The names of at least three referees, clearly indicating the relationship to the applicant, and contact
details (telephone number and email).
Remuneration will be market-related with the recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Offers made will take into account qualifications, experience and level of responsibility associated with the role.
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to the Energy Programme Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Wednesday 6 of November 2019.
Download the full job advert here.