GreenCape is recruiting a new Programme Manager: Circular Economy
Oct 2, 2019
Construction and demolition waste,
waste sector desk
GreenCape is hiring!
GreenCape is looking to hire a Programme Manager: Circular Economy (Click the link for the full job advert).
The Programme Manager: Circular Economy will:
- Be responsible for extending and driving GreenCape’s circular economy strategy and the management of the programmes that contribute to this. Currently, these are the Waste Economy Programme and the Western Cape Industrial Symbiosis Programme (WISP).
- Play a pro-active role in local, regional, national and international networks to drive pragmatic and impact-oriented interventions to enable the economic benefits of local, regional, national and international shifts to more circular economies to be realised.
General responsibilities of programme managers include:
- Programme strategy
- Funder- and funding opportunity identification; input into proposal development
- Funder liaison at programme and project level
- Programme budgeting and spend management (budget planning and spend decision making)
- Line management of programme staff (staff wellbeing, load management and support for career development)
- Project delivery (meeting deliverables and targets)
- Project design and technical quality of deliverables
- Project reporting, impact monitoring and associated record keeping
- Programme and project knowledge management
- Input into staff allocation and staff recruitment to meet project delivery needs and longer term programme development
Market related salary and contribution towards medical aid benefits
Post-graduate degree (or graduate degree and relevant work experience) in engineering, economics, finance, resource management or environmental sciences
At least 8 years work experience. This should include demonstrated project management experience.
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to the Chief Knowledge Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 09h00 on 15 October 2019. Interviews will be held in the week of 21 October 2019. The successful candidate will start as soon possible thereafter.
Applications must include:
- A well written letter of motivation indicating what motivates the candidate to apply for the role:
- What the candidate feels he/she brings to the role that would make him/her a preferred candidate;
- An indication of salary expectations;
- An indication of when the candidate would be available to commence work
- Please also note how the candidate became aware of the job opportunity
- A detailed CV
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit)
Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Candidates who have not heard from GreenCape by the end of October 2019 should consider their application unsuccessful.
Note that GreenCape reserves the right to not appoint to positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan.
To access the full job advert and description click here.