GreenCape is recruiting a Project Officer to project manage the Green Outcomes Fund
Dec 17, 2019
water sector desk,
waste sector desk,
GreenCape is hiring!
The Green Outcomes Fund (GOF) is a first of its kind structure, which incentivises local South African fund managers to increase investment in green small and medium enterprises (SMEs) by paying for outcomes, such as green job creation, climate mitigation, and improved water and waste management. It creates demand for verified, pre-agreed green outcomes generated by SMEs and purchased through local fund managers. Simultaneously, it creates a common base for growing the South African green impact investing market.
GreenCape will be the lead partner for the pilot of the GOF and we therefore require the services of a project officer to be responsible for (a) the project management and (b) the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the funder.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaison between service providers, funder and recipient funds;
- Co-ordination of quarterly jobs audits with the appointed auditor;
- Co-ordination of annual project audit with the appointed auditor;
- Coordination of Formative, Mid-term and Summative Evaluation Reports with the appointed M&E consultant;
- Collaboration with the service provider for consolidation and review of M&E info for input/submission on the reporting system (GMS);
- Collaboration with service provider for risk management, sustainability reports, self-evaluation and action plans;
- Coordination of funder site visits to Recipient Funds / SMEs as requested;
- Collaboration with service provider and funder for the Project Close-Out Report;
- Collaboration with service provider and funder for the Annual Year-End Review;
- Coordination of disbursement process to Recipient Funds;
- Coordination and consolidation of the green outcomes measurement for reporting;
- Ad-hoc engagement with the funder as necessary.
In addition, the Project Officer would have the opportunity to analyse the data over time to develop, amongst other, insights into the relative effectiveness of different green technologies in terms of green outcomes, different business cases and investment mechanisms, and success factors for (green) SME growth. The Project Officer would thus have an opportunity to develop deep insight into decision making in impact investments, as well as the opportunity to build relationships with key stakeholders in the growing impact investing community. In so doing, the Project Officer has the opportunity to position themselves to play a key role in the design of future work to scale impact investing in South Africa.
Contract length and remuneration
GOF is a 5 year project. In line with the GreenCape standard contracting conditions, this will start with a12-14 month contract position (February 2020 to March 2021) and is full-time. Contract renewal for an additional 3 years will depend on performance and the HR requirements of the organisation at the time.
There will be a three-month probation period for this position. Remuneration will be market-related, with the recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Offers made will take qualifications, experience and level of responsibility into account.
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to the Chief Financial Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 09h00 on Tuesday 14 January 2020.
Interviews will be held in the week of 20 and 27 January 2020. The successful candidate will start on 3 February 2020 or as soon possible thereafter.
For more information download the full job advert here.