GreenCape is recruiting a consultant (senior analyst) for the Cross Border matchmaking desk
*Please note this position has been filled*
The World Bank is seeking to employ a motivated individual to join the cross-border team in GreenCape and support national and international scale-up. A full job description can be downloaded here.
The consultant (senior analyst) for the Cross Border matchmaking desk will conduct the end-to-end implementation and facilitation of B2B matchmaking and support. This will include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Respond and action requests by foreign firms and intermediaries, and play a networking role between different partner organizations, both nationally (DTI, etc.) and internationally.
- Facilitate list and deal curation
- Host foreign delegations and help organize events and matchmaking
- Establish systems and databases, to aid management, monitoring and operations going forward.
- Contribute to knowledge capture and dissemination with the World Bank, Kenya and Ghana teams in order to support and accelerate the traction of new activities, partnerships and linkages based on and to complement the South African experience.
The successful candidate will report directly to GreenCape and the World Bank.
Required Skills and Experience
- The candidate should have strong interpersonal and client engagement skills. This is an inherently people-centric role including interaction with a large number of stakeholders -personable individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent work ethic, organisational skills and time management
- Qualified with a minimum four-year equivalent degree. While stellar academic results are preferred, this can be compensated by relevant work experience and cultural fit.
- South African resident or in possession of valid work permit
- Valid Code B (or equivalent) driver’s licence is desirable
A full job description can be downloaded here.
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications will be 9th February 2018.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis throughout February, with the successful candidate starting as soon as possible thereafter (likely to be on the 1st April 2018).