Third call for energy entrepreneurs in the renewable and energy efficiency sector
SAREBI work with viable Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises in the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Sectors. SAREBI works with entrepreneurs at different stages – from business idea/concept design stage to early stage start-ups as well as growth entrepreneurs.
This Enterprise Development initiative has the specific aim to:
- Address ecological challenges
- Reduce threats and maximise opportunities to business concepts
- Improve quality of life
- Build our communities
Entrepreneurs who are currently trading and wish to improve their energy business will benefit from this programme. In order to apply, you need to meet the following minimum criteria:
- Have an existing trading business on a renewable or efficient energy technology.
- Have a focus on small-scale embedded generation (SSEG), solar water heating (SWH), small wind applications, or energy efficiency.
- Have a deep technical knowledge of their specific technology.
- A viable take-off market with a track record of sales.
- Be an entrepreneurial-minded person with an aptitude for running a business.
- Qualify as either a new business start-up or trading Qualifying Small Enterprise (QSE).
Applicants who successfully complete each stage will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in a Master Class workshop series to test your business. This Ideation workshop can be applied in new business development or to test the validity of an existing business.
- Participate in a business readiness pre-incubation workshop series, to develop a new operational business expansion plan or to re-think an existing business plan.
- Participate in full incubation support, which includes operational support services (Accounting, Industrial Relations, Human Resources, Recruitment support, and IT support)
Cost & Application Process
A refundable workshop fee of R500 per candidate attending is required for participation in this programme. Applicants who attend all workshops, successfully pitch their business idea and who receives a due performance mark for their homework submissions will get a full refund.
Applications close on Wednesday, 06 September 2017.